Saturday, September 10, 2011

My Saturday: searching the bottom humidor


"I've been thinking Hobbes .  On a weekend? Well, it wasn't on purpose..." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
 
Got up this morning and was ready to enjoy my weekend.  I took a gander in one of my humidors and nothing jumped out at me.  I did a little digging and discovered a little gem just waiting to be smoked. 

La Flor Dominicana Premium Line Insurrectos.

This cigar must have been in the bottom of this humidor for a little over a year.  The cellophane wasn't completely clouded or anything, but there was some tint to it.  The wrapper had some protruded oils, but since it does have the Connecticut Shade I wasn't expecting anything insane. 

The pre-light bouquet was full of cedar.  Aging this stick really brought out the sweetness of stick.  I loved it!  Since it was my first cigar of the day, it was perfect.  The overall mild flavor and wonderful construction allowed this perfect burning cigar to really get the day started off right.

Here's to the weekend.  There's nothing wrong with knowing you are the best.

Regards,
Bear


No comments:

Post a Comment